No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
A British summertime legend and my Wife's all time favourite. This no churn version is perfect and is achievable for anyone, ice cream machine or no!
Servings: 900 ml
- 500 ml double cream
- 300 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 100 ml whole milk
- 1 tbsp peppermint extract add in 1/2 tsp at a time and taste as you go. I used a particularly weak store own brand extract that I probably wouldn't use again!
- 5 drops food colouring of your choice
- 1 large pinch of sea salt
- 40 g dark chocolate, finely chopped (like REALLY finely!
In a large bowl using a hand mixer or whisk if your hardcore, whip the double cream and milk until it is light and airy.
fold through the sweetened condensed milk, salt and food colouring carefully.
Add your peppermint extract and taste as you go. Ultimately it should taste more like mint and less like condensed milk.
Add your chocolate and give a good couple of stirs making sure that the chocolate is spread out through the mix nicely. Transfer to a freezable container and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Every now and again, go into the container and agitate the ice cream. This will help it be super creamy and not icy when you take it out.
When it's frozen, scoop out and chuck it in a home made ice cream cone or a bowl!