Left Over Roast Chicken, Cheese & Bacon Pasta
If left over roast chicken, bacon and cheese pasta doesn’t become your main reason for actually having a roast chicken, then I don’t know what will. It’s become the best thing about having roast chicken! It has everything that you might want in a dish! Creamy, meaty & pasta-y! Delish!
- 200 ml good chicken stock homemade is best here
- 75 g pancetta bacon will be fine if you dont have pancetta, cut it into strips.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- 1 tsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp mixed dried herbs Or use fresh if you have to hand
- 100 g cream cheese
- Left Over roast chicken
- 200 g dried fusili or penne pasta whatever you have in the cupboard will also do
In a cold shallow cast iron casserole or Saute pan, add your pancetta and turn on to a medium heat. Move occasionally to make sure it doesn't stick. You want to render as much of the fat out as you can.
add a tsp on salted butter and add your onion and garlic. Cook until softened and starting to colour. Don't let it catch.
add the chicken stock, dried herbs and chicken and bring to the simmer.
following the instructions on your packet for the pasta and get this on now.
when the pasta is cooked, drain the water, reserving some of it.
Add the cream cheese, pasta and the reserved water to the casserole and give it a good stir. Turn the heat right down and the cream cheese and pasta water will emulsify and thicken.
Sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley and serve